Greenwich Historical Society Landmarks Recognition Ceremony
Greenwich, CTMay 7, 2017
The Greenwich Historical Society’s Landmark Recognition Program documents information about our town’s architectural history, encourages preservation and adaptive reuse and promotes pride in ownership of historic properties. Over the last 30 years, the program has documented over 300 historic Greenwich structures. The milestone was celebrated on May 8 with a champagne reception at the Belle Haven Club and the plaquing of four distinctive properties.
Featured were: The Edwin H.Paul House (1959), the first mid-century modern structure to be recognized; Sunridge Farm (1923 and 1929), a back-country Mediterranean-inspired estate; Conyers Manor Cold Storage Barn (1909), now The Brant Foundation Art Study Center; and the Perrot Memorial Library (1930). Preservation Action Awards were presented to the Greenwich Land Trust in recognition of their restoration and adaptive reuse of the Louise Mueller Preserve and to Greenwich Point Conservancy for restoring the Gateway Garden and Old Barn at Greenwich Point.
The event was sponsored by David Ogilvy & Associates, Charles Hilton Architects, White Construction and Greenwich LOOK. David Scott Parker, architect for the Historical Society’s newly redesigned campus, gave the keynote lecture, “Escaping the City in Style: The Architecture of 19th-Century Connecticut Innovators.”CLICK AN IMAGE TO ENLARGE