Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Student of the Year
Stamford, CTMarch 10, 2017
Over the past seven weeks, teams of young philanthropists from Connecticut and the Westchester and Hudson Valley regions of New York have worked tirelessly to collectively raise more than $130,000 to invest in research to fight blood cancer for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) as part of a national program called Students of the Year.
The 8 student candidates and their team members were honored on March 10, 2017 at the Students of the Year Grand Finale held at Chelsea Piers in Stamford, CT.
- Alexandra Jordan, Westhill High School
- Amber Butler, Beacon High School
- Delaney Harris & Augusta DeMartin, KING School
- Devin Overend, Mamaroneck High School
- Noah Cory, Beacon High School
- Raksha Krishnan, Horace Greeley High School
- Sara McGrath, Pearl River High School
- Susan Arredondo, Stamford High School
The top fundraising team “Team Bloodlove”, led by co-captains Delaney Harris and Augusta DeMartin of King School, raised over $60,000 and were awarded the title 2017 Students of the Year.
To learn more about The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Students of the Year program, please click here.
CLICK AN IMAGE TO ENLARGE