A sell-out since its inception, the Old Bags Luncheon features both live and silent auctions of hundreds of designer handbags donated by manufacturers, retailers and individuals. Among the 2017 auction items were handbags by Hermes, Dior, Saint Laurent, LAUTREC and Chanel …as well as handbags from Saks Fifth Avenue – Greenwich, Mitchells-Richards of Greenwich, and Neiman Marcus.
One in four women will experience domestic violence sometime during her lifetime. YWCA Greenwich Domestic Abuse Services is the only agency in Greenwich licensed by the State to treat victims. All services are free. Last year the YWCA delivered services to over 1,300 individuals . . . adults and children . . . including:
- Confidential hotlines staffed 24/7 that are frequently the first means of interaction with victims
- Individual and group counseling for adults and children
- Court services for victims, assisting them at Stamford Superior Court
- Shelter for adults and their children
- Preventative education to elementary, middle school and high school students